If you are shopping for a home in Lexington Ky, consider one of our up-and-coming neighborhoods, the historic Kenwick neighborhood. Here are 7 reasons to move to Kenwick in Lexington Ky:
1. Location. With 900 homes in about 15 blocks, Kenwick is less than two miles from downtown Lexington. The neighborhood is also close to the Richmond Road shopping corridor and the University of Kentucky. Across the street from Kenwick is the Henry Clay Estate which includes 17 acres of recreational land and a formal walled garden open to the public.
2. Charm. The neighborhood is known for its Craftsman style bungalows, dating to the early 1900s. Each year the Kenwick Neighborhood Association hosts a popular bungalow tour where residents show off their renovations and restorations.
3. Walkable. You’ll see many of Kenwick’s 1500 residents out for a stroll or jog, walking their dogs, or just being neighborly.
4. Friendly. All those people out and about make for a friendly place. Kenwick has a community garden, a park, and a community center. In additional to the bungalow tour, there is also an annual yard sale and even a yearly chili dinner.
5. Trendy. There has been a surge of new business development just outside of Kenwick’s borders including a restaurant, gym, jewelry store French bakery and other small shops, making moving to Kenwick an even more attractive choice.
6. Affordable. Homes for sale in Kenwick range from $73,900 to $429,000.
7. Rising home prices. Now is a great time to move to Kenwick because it has a all the signs of being an up and coming neighborhood. Home prices in Kenwick have been consistently strong over the past few years, with a steady increase in values and days on the market getting shorter. It is a prime target area for renovators redoing houses and slowly but steadily raising the bar on the quality of homes for sale in Kenwick being offered.
I invite you to browse all of my blog posts about Kenwick and to take a look at the current homes for sale in Kenwick. I’m very familiar with the neighborhood as I am a former VP of the neighborhood association and started the Safety Watch program several years back. I have a few special programs for both Buyers and Sellers in Kenwick, so don’t hesitate to contact me to find your special home in this great Kenwick neighborhood!.If you’re buying or selling a home in Lexington Ky or moving to Lexington Ky, be sure to contact Ivan ‘Z’ Newell and the LexHomes Team for assistance with Lexington KY real estate. 'Z' and the LexHomes team members are 'Loving Lexington!" and loving to assist people in search of homes for sale, Kentucky horse farms or investment properties in Lexington, KY and surrounding areas. If you'd like more information on a real estate career with LexHomes Real Estate, we're always looking for more dedicated real estate agents! Just email us at email@example.com or call us at (859) LEX-HOME (539-4663) today!